Android Question Donate App sales revenue to charity - What's the best way?

anglia

Licensed User
Longtime User
I’m working on an app that will hopefully appeal to animal lovers and intend publishing it (free of charge) on Playstore etc. with a trial period of 30 days.

To continue using it after 30 days, the user must donate a small amount to a particular charity page that I am going to set up on a charity fund raising site (for example www.justgiving.co.uk). The user must then email the receipt number of his/her donation so I can look at my fund raising account and check that the donation was made.

To use the app, the user must first enter his/her email address which will be stored in the Internal directory. This same email address must be used when sending the charity receipt details to me. If a donation was made, I will use a simple app to encrypt/convert the user’s email address to an alphanumeric code which I will email back to the user.

The user will enter the received code into the app and if it decrypts back to his/her email address, the trial period will be cancelled and they will be free to use the app.

The main reasons for offering the app in this way are-

• Purchasers know they are helping a recognised charity.
  • The money won’t be passing through my hands and attracting the attention of the tax man!

I don’t expect large numbers of users of the app and I realise that I will be spending time checking for receipts, processing the email address and sending the code to the user.
Apart from these, can anyone suggest other problems I might face.

Can anyone think of a better way of distributing the app?

Last edited: