Android Question 2 Hz pulses

stari

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
anybody knows, how to produce 2 Hz square wave pulses ? I need pulses for switching LEd on and OFF , in rhitmus 2 Hz.

stari

Licensed User
Longtime User
Use a timer to change the value from 1 to 0 every 0.5 second.
Erel, thks. I know that. But, how can i switch , for example, an LED On/OFF without additional hardware ? Can i switch, for example, USB power pin ON/OFF ?

Upvote 0

strat

Licensed User
Longtime User
By using audio output, you can drive a transistor to flashing a led. Simple BJT circuit can easily turn on a 20 mA small led.

Upvote 0

Michael Gasperi

Licensed User
Longtime User
The peak audio output is about 1/2V which is too low for an LED by itself. Strat's idea is a good one if you have an external power source. You might be able to use an audio output transformer backwards (for example Radio Shack 273-1380) to kick up the voltage to something an LED would need.

Upvote 0

stari

Licensed User
Longtime User
The peak audio output is about 1/2V which is too low for an LED by itself. Strat's idea is a good one if you have an external power source. You might be able to use an audio output transformer backwards (for example Radio Shack 273-1380) to kick up the voltage to something an LED would need.
I don't have an external sourc, or i don't wish to use it. Transformer will be Ok, i will try.

Upvote 0