iOS Question 5.2.3 - Legal app rejected

GioRadioGR

Hello, I have in the App Store one of the first radio apps created for Apple and due to various problems I had to upgrade it since 2017.
In the last two years I worked hard and designed the app from scratch,
I released it on Google Play where there was no problem and the app is in the Play Store.
Using the open source Radio Directory Radio-Browser.info so I don't have problems with third party rights.
Nevertheless, Apple rejected the application and even after 3-4 messages where I explain that the Radio-Browser is an open source database and completely free, Apple answered me with the following message! Is there anyone who can help me with this particular problem?
Thank you

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Regarding 5.2.3, we were able to stream third-party audio which is not open-source.

To resolve this, it would be appropriate to limit your app to stream open-source stations only.

Please resubmit your app for review in App Store Connect once all the necessary adjustments for 3.1.2 have been made as well. We look forward to reviewing your resubmitted app.

Best regards,

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sounds like they do not want an app on the store that is capable of streaming non-opensource audio. They are steering clear of the copyright infringement that your app facilitates.

Which I guess defeats your intentions for the app?

Upvote 0