Android 4.4.4 - and now?

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Now I'm at Android 4.4.4 (thanks to Cyanogenmod) on my S4.

What I am really thinking of is... What are real benefits since Android 2.3?

A "normal" customer comparing the S1 (2.3) with a S4 (4.4.2) - both stock roms - will not see any big difference. The app icons are almost the same (I don't compare the hw like display, cpu, and ram because this is not Android related).

Right now I'm looking at my Cyanogenmod-S4. Looks great but this is because the developers took a lot of time to create nice apps and layouts and other functions Samsung didn't take care of at all.

First there was a hipe for Android 4.4 and everyone was going nuts not to get an update for their mobile phone. I'm a bit disapointed about 4.4 because I don't see any "breathtaking" new things since 2.3.

And yes, I know what the changes are, but for a normal customer there are "none" which they relate to Android directly but "because they have bought a newer and faster device with a bigger screen...".

Comments welcome ;)

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Normal customer just uses device for calls and texts, plus maybe emails. Newer versions of Android can do so much more and normal customers don't see that because they simply don't use those features. Maybe 'they' should just get an iPhone. ;)

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't want to take this to the "iPhone or Android" discussion :rolleyes: (it's clear that Android is the much better OS). In Germany the OS sales share is now about 80% (iOS <=10% only).

We will see, how Android develops.