Android Question Android emulator not working after installing B4A environment

Argus19

The Android emulator does not work after installing the B4A environment. Everything was downloaded from the official website and followed the instructions. After launching, an image appears (attached) and after clicking the Create AVD button, nothing happens.

Solution
@Argus19
Verify that the Hypervisor Driver is running with this command from windows command line
B4X:
sc query aehd
You should obtain something like this
B4X:
SERVICE_NAME: aehd
       STATE              : 4  RUNNING
If you dont' see the service running try to install the driver getting it from Github
https://github.com/google/android-emulator-hypervisor-driver/releases
and using the included silent_install.bat
After this check again if now it's running, and in the case try launching emulator again.

Argus19

Hello, Erel!
Thanks for your reply.
I have Windows 10.
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
Memory 16,0 ГБ

Upvote 0

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can start installing
Android Emulator hypervisor driver
from SDK Manager.

Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you haven't solved the problem yet, looks like you better put your project here on the forum in a zipped format; on you ide you can click: file>Export As Zip> save it somewhere and then use the "Attach files" button at the bottom of these posting windows. That way some experienced members can more likely spot your problem.
Good luck
P.S. For similar reasons I no longer use the emulator as Erel suggested. I use my Android S23

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Argus19
Verify that the Hypervisor Driver is running with this command from windows command line
B4X:
sc query aehd
You should obtain something like this
B4X:
SERVICE_NAME: aehd
       STATE              : 4  RUNNING
If you dont' see the service running try to install the driver getting it from Github
https://github.com/google/android-emulator-hypervisor-driver/releases
and using the included silent_install.bat
After this check again if now it's running, and in the case try launching emulator again.

Upvote 0
Solution

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For sure Real Devices are the best, especially for final testing.
But it's hard, and mostly expensive, to have one real device for every new or old android version.
In this case emulators are, in my opinion, a great solution.
But of course they are not the answer to everything.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…