Android Looper

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
This may eventually land up in the tutorials section but I thought that this might be a place to keep it out of the way while I develop my new B4a app.

So I'm making this thread here and I will be posting addendums to it as I continue in my quest.

Remember that developing in B4a should be fun.

I had fun developing the graphic for it :)
16bd5ki.jpg

My idea is to create a realtime instrument for performers.

I thought it might be fun to make a thread about how I construct it and what I have to go through to promote it, which bye the way involves me learning a song to put on the promotion video :)

You will see these words 'stand by for more' a lot in this thread because I am inherently lazy and not at all like Erel :)

'Stand by for more'

Yep, to the right of that graphic I'm going to need a vertical label, I'm experimenting and have had a bit of success and posted a thread about it here:
http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/lets-play-with-vertical-lables.42666/

'Stand by for more'

To expand a bit more on my idea its going to have a bunch of buttons for sound effects and you'll be able to tap a right and left button to 'scroll' through the different genres of sound effects like scratch, percussion, orchestral hits, voices etc.

Depending on what sound effects genre you're on the vertical label will say 'Scratch' or 'Percussion' etc.

The real meat and potatoes will be a 'looper' function which when you press the record button will record a sound through the device's mic then as soon as you let go it'll start to loop. You'll be able to pause it but if you press the record button again it'll delete the current loop and record a new one.

So if you stick a jack in the earphone socket you'll be able to use it as a live instrument in your band.

Stand by for more

Last edited: