Android Question App got rejected because of access to locations - Missing information in prominent disclosure and Feature doesn’t not meet requirements to access loc

femmemeraude

Hello our app is for giving and exchanging plants. We added access to GPS so users can see the items available nearby and localise their search. Otherwise, they can enter zipcode or city name if they do not want their location to be accessed. We already removed the background location from the code and we are not accessing the location on the background, only while the app is in use but we got another rejection from Google Play. Can somebody help me how to sort this out? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 13.28.06.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 13.28.06.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IN_APP_EXPERIENCE-3825.png
    IN_APP_EXPERIENCE-3825.png
    392.7 KB · Views: 63

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If I had to take a guess of what the problem is...

It looks like your app only needs the user's location while the user is actually viewing the screen of your app. So, I would assume that you only need to know the users GPS location when they are actually viewing the screen of your app and that you don't need to know their GPS location if your app if not in the foreground.

So, google is rejecting your app because it appears the code you are using to detect the user's location has the ability to run in a background process so that the code can obtain the user's GPS location even if your app is no longer visible on the screen. Google doesn't like that your app is doing this.

So, you need to change the code for the GPS so that it only tries to obtain the user's location when your app is visible on the screen.

Upvote 0