App success

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Rereading only the title of a thread:
How a B4A developer made £15,000 from an Android app

I have reached a simple conclusion.

Have a good idea and develop an app with our own forces is not and never will be enough to have success.

This is true in spite of the potential customers are hundreds of millions.

An organization of men and equipment is essential.

Stop dreaming, waking up will be painful.

Last edited:

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think I not about having success ...out brains works like this ...wow how much I have worked and but I am brilliant enough to be on top
I've seen poor app than mine ... I am going up on my search results but yet I do not see success anywhere

Enjoy your ideas, dream and put on paper I have made my app discovering b4a at first I never ever searched for ideas into the market and 80% of my app gone to top rank app.
You know what I am saying this ...?? because I have the same sindrom like you ...seek to become a successful developer

By the way I have received lately a review that filled me up:
Sirve todo te amo diana

I think we are more affected by lack of attention, bad reviews ... other are not interested in what are we doing ...I seldom find myself seeking everyday for my 1000 daily instals!

One guy here on forum done an simpler app for his friends saying that he does not care about his layout , users or anything elese ... for him maybe is more like a success app

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Rereading only the title of a thread:
How a B4A developer made £15,000 from an Android app

I have reached a simple conclusion.

Have a good idea and develop an app with our own forces is not and never will be enough to have success.

This is true in spite of the potential customers are hundreds of millions.

Stop dreaming, waking up will be painful.
I think it depends on how you define "success". Making $15K pounds (I can't be bothered trying to find the pound symbol!) isn't exactly a failure. Sure, in the context of those apps that have 50,000,000 - 100,000,000 downloads, it's not much - but for a lone developer just trying to make some extra cash on the side, it's pretty good.

I think a lot if it is luck & even if you have an organization of men & equipment, you're still not guaranteed success. The trick is to keep trying - & if you can't find that one app that meets your criteria for success, then hopefully you can develop a whole bunch of apps that combine to give you what you want.

- Colin.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User

Flappy bird, don't tap the white tile, super hexagon, minecraft, 2048. All games written by one person that have done very well and could be called a success.

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's the way - not the earnings...

In my normal life I'm doing project management for a very large insurance group (was a developer). So b4a gives me the freedom to act like I want. I have 2 apps in the store. One has about 2500 downloads and it's ok for the first steps.

Of course I would like to be the hero and earn millions of €, $ or Pounds but it's the way that counts...