b4a closes unexpectedly

jschuchert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sometimes I can leave the program on all night without a problem but other times, I might be away from the computer for a couple of hours and when I return I see a message saying "Basic Android must be closed" (not exact wording but close). Twice now I had to re-do some of my coding because I didn't save the work periodically. Is there some way I can prevent this or must I just remember to save all of the time. I didn't see a preference for automatic saving. Thanks.

Jim

jschuchert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Auto-save is always checked but this happens between 'compile' times. The message says "Basic Android has stopped working. Do you want to have windows look for a solution or close the program. I didn't notice a 'details' button but will look next time. This morning, the program had been on all night without an incident. I have Windows 7 and, as reported before about problems with the designer, abnormal things seem to happen. I will attribute it to the OS and not b4a since other apps also have unusual problems occasionally. I am almost finished with my app or I would switch to another computer. Thank you for your many responses. This board is the best I have ever experienced.

Jim

Upvote 0

jschuchert

Licensed User
Longtime User
It happened again and here are the details

Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: Basic4android.exe
Application Version: 1.3.0.0 I have v.1.50 but I am pretty sure it also happened prior to the update
Application Timestamp: 4dc698d7
Fault Module Name: rlls.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d6ff485
Exception Offset: 1005d20d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: cd28
Additional Information 2: cd28d90774d76d493aeae9b9aad956ab
Additional Information 3: af1b
Additional Information 4: af1b4f166067f7bffc7e3ccefb34e755

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Jim Schuchert

Upvote 0