Android Question B4A designed install pop up

wes58

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a new phone. I want to debug my app. using B4ABridge.
When I open B4ABrighe, I get a message if I want to install b4A Designer. Since I don't want, I press CANCEL button.
I try to debug my app but I can't do it, I keep going back to B4ABridge app and getting pop ups asking for installation of b4A Designer.
Why can't it recognize that when I press CANCEL it means that I don't want to install it!

For now, the only way to debug my app is to install the Designed and then uninstall when I finish debugging.
But why should I be doing it this way?

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why you don't want to install the designer app?

It is part of the B4A suite and is a useful tool. It is very small size so it doesn't take up much space especially in new phone with very big storage. The only thing is you have one extra icon on drawer.

However, if you really don't want the designer app, you can remove it from the source code and compile your own B4A-bridge. I have done it in the past.

Upvote 0

wes58

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know that it is small and I know what it is. I have been using B4A since the beginning and I only used it a couple of times. The point is, that if you click CANCEL button once, it means that you don't want to install it. There should be a button to install it not automatic pop-up. You don't force it.

Upvote 0