B4J Question B4A to B4J conversion

chuck3e

Licensed User
Longtime User
I got excited when I got the email announcing B4J. I thought, oh good, I can port my apps to a laptop. I think I looked at all the available documentation but I can't find a conversion feature. I don't see anyone else concerned with this so maybe I missed something. I have hundreds of hours consumed designing screen layouts in B4A. I was hoping I wouldn't have to redo them in B4J. I get the impression I can at least cut and paste logic from B4A to B4J and work off the differences.

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
If there is Convert Tool which change fxml file to be bal file ,it is possible to convert B4J to B4A,isn't it? I think that B4J is sub set of B4A.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
There are no plans for such a tool. The reasons are:
1. Both B4J and B4A are based on the native UI (JavaFx and Android). The UI elements are not the same so the UI cannot be automatically converted.
2. The UI concepts are also different. First in B4J you will usually have a much larger window, secondly the window is resizeable. The solution should be based on docking the elements. There isn't any feature equivalent to the designer script.

B4J is not a subset of B4A.

Upvote 0