Other B4A v13.0 is available for download

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release a new version of B4A. The Android SDK and the underlying toolchain where updated with preparation for Android 14 (targetSdkVersion=34) requirements.
Many of the internal libraries and also external libraries were updated and now depend on the latest Android SDK resources.

The new version depends on Java 19.
Many of the features depend on an updated Android SDK.
Both are available here: https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html

Tutorial about new requirements related to services and targetSdkVersion=34+: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...getsdkversion-34-and-services.162140/#content

Note that ExoPlayer (https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/exoplayer-media3-video-player.158204/), the ML Kit based libraries and a few others were updated to support the new SDK. Older versions will not work with the new SDK.

The updated Google / Firebase SDK is considerably larger than before. B4A only adds the components that are part of the dependency tree, still you will see an increase in the app size in many cases. There isn't much that can be done about it. In some of the cases you can keep using the old Android SDK, however you might encounter compatibility issues.

Download link: https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you @Erel,
So far everything is working 100% great. I've assembled 5 of my clients apps, my main 2D barcode app and my password manager app. I had to change the sdkmanager.bat location (added the file) as for example my password manager app uses the fingerprint scanner thus I needed to download androidx.biometric:biometric and something else for another app, but once installed the apps assembled 100% perfectly fine with absolutely no issues whatsoever. What can I say Erel, except that you have knocked it out of the ball park again. B4A V13.00 is stable for me and runs fast and smooth as always. When I get a chance to do so, I'll donate again.

Thank you very much.
Peter.

This time, I will enjoy...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I just downloaded everything, tried to compile and got this error which happens on every project I try. Any ideas if I have done something wrong? I definitely have the IDE paths pointing to JDK19 and SDK 34 See post below
B4X:
B4A Version: 12.80
Parsing code.    (0.04s)
    Java Version: 19
Building folders structure.    (0.01s)
Compiling code.    (0.05s)
Compiling layouts code.    (0.04s)
Organizing libraries.    (5.69s)
    (AndroidX SDK)
Compiling resources    (2.08s)
Linking resources    (2.07s)
Compiling generated Java code.    Error
An annotation processor threw an uncaught exception.
Consult the following stack trace for details.
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: kotlin/jvm/internal/Intrinsics
    at androidx.lifecycle.LifecycleProcessor.getSupportedSourceVersion(LifecycleProcessor.kt:37)
    at jdk.compiler/com.sun.tools.javac.processing.JavacProcessingEnvironment$ProcessorState.checkSourceVersionCompatibility(JavacProcessingEnvironment.java:758)
    at jdk.compiler/com.sun.tools.javac.processing.JavacProcessingEnvironment$ProcessorState.<init>(JavacProcessingEnvironment.java:698)
    at jdk.compiler/com.sun.tools.javac.processing.JavacProcessingEnvironment$DiscoveredProcessors$ProcessorStateIterator.next(JavacProcessingEnvironment.java:823)
    at jdk.compiler/com.sun.tools.javac.processing.JavacProcessingEnvironment.discoverAndRunProcs(JavacProcessingEnvironment.java:919)
    at jdk.compiler/com.sun.tools.javac.processing.JavacProcessingEnvironment$Round.run(JavacProcessingEnvironment.java:1262)
    at jdk.compiler/com.sun.tools.javac.processing.JavacProcessingEnvironment.doProcessing(JavacProcessingEnvironment.java:1377)
    at jdk.compiler/com.sun.tools.javac.main.JavaCompiler.processAnnotations(JavaCompiler.java:1234)
    at jdk.compiler/com.sun.tools.javac.main.JavaCompiler.compile(JavaCompiler.java:916)
    at jdk.compiler/com.sun.tools.javac.main.Main.compile(Main.java:317)
    at jdk.compiler/com.sun.tools.javac.main.Main.compile(Main.java:176)
    at jdk.compiler/com.sun.tools.javac.Main.compile(Main.java:64)
    at jdk.compiler/com.sun.tools.javac.Main.main(Main.java:50)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: kotlin.jvm.internal.Intrinsics
    at java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:445)
    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:588)
    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521)
    ... 13 more

javac 19.0.2

Last edited:
Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Most likely found the problem, the download page still gives you B4A 12.80 :( No it's doesn't. Microsoft Edge is doing something stupid (what a surpprise!) Download with Firefox and get 13.00, download with Edge and get 12.80. Edge seems to have cached a previous download and is regurgitating that instead of downloading a new version. Sorry for the false alarm. I've thought this before but maybe B4A.exe should have the version number included, e.g. B4A-v13.exe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blueforcer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this implemented?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Most likely found the problem, the download page still gives you B4A 12.80 :( No it's doesn't. Microsoft Edge is doing something stupid (what a surpprise!) Download with Firefox and get 13.00, download with Edge and get 12.80. Edge seems to have cached a previous download and is regurgitating that instead of downloading a new version. Sorry for the false alarm. I've thought this before but maybe B4A.exe should have the version number included, e.g. B4A-v13.exe.
Should be fine now. I've purged the CDN cache.

Is this implemented?
Not yet. It will probably be implemented in the next update of B4J.

Upvote 0

ppgirl

Licensed User
Longtime User
Because Admob update to 23.2.0 , we must make a modification for Native Ads.

VideoOptions.InitializeNewInstance("com.google.android.gms.ads.formats.NativeAdOptions.Builder",Null)

-->

VideoOptions.InitializeNewInstance("com.google.android.gms.ads.nativead.NativeAdOptions.Builder",Null)

Upvote 0

Poya.B4A

hi,
After update the B4A, is it important that we see the Version of "core" (in Library) change to version 13?

I still have the last version.:rolleyes:
see the attach please.
thanks

Attachments

• Version.jpg
    Version.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 0

Bladimir Silva Toro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you very much for the update.

I have tested my billing application and it works perfectly.

I only have the doubt of the size in MB of the final APK where in my case it went up to double (see photo)

1725280445507.png

Any explanation about it?

Upvote 0

IndieDev

Licensed User
The resources zip is very slow to download....resources
The others came down quick.
1726297682902.png

Is there any bandwidth issue?

(I'm using a 200 Mbps broadband internet)
1726297966545.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

IndieDev

Licensed User
That's confusing, because the Command-line tools and the B4A exe downloaded very fast...
Must be a location based issue then.
I'm downloading from India.

Thanks for taking the time to check. ☺️

Upvote 0