Wish B4XDesigner - just a few thoughts

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I just want to share my thoughts, whether it makes sense to implement so, I do not know. Maybe this is a way to find a compromise or inspiration.

I have an idea how to simplify this.
Since in my case I always have to have 2 designers open and therefore 2 projects (B4A and B4I), it would be handy to have one designer with the respective versions. And if I focus the B4A section then everything on the left changes to B4A and if I focus the B4I part then I can change B4I specific things.
fdsdfdsf.png

It would be a big step forward to have only one designer open.

Or you can select the version you want to change via dropdown.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree, constantly copying and pasting from B4A to B4i then to B4J (if developing in all 3 platforms) is a bit of a pain. It would be nice to be able to set a default package designer so when using B4XPages you do not need to keep copying and pasting layouts or layout updates. A default designer that copies itself (or just changes) to the other B4X designer layouts automatically. My preferred B4XPages default program for cross platform projects is in fact B4A, so when creating B4A and B4i projects, it would be nice to be able to set B4A as my default designer that copies itself to B4i and or B4J etc.