Android Question BLE and Android Car Radio (Not Mirrorlink or Android Auto)

ema01

Licensed User
Longtime User
We are prototyping a new app which uses the BLE module to talk to HM-11 USB-UART modules.
Just for kicks, one of the testers got a new android-based car radio (Smart Multimedia KiriNAVI). This radio is running Android 6 so i'm not talking about Android Auto or mirror link. He took the APK, copied it in the car and installed the app.

It works! Well, almost. The graphics adapted perfectly but the bluetooth doesn't work, in the sense that it can't find the module
At first i thought it was because the radio BLE adapter was configured as a peripheral and not a central, but then he told me he can search for his phone and everything as with the stock radio.. And then he tried with one of the BLE discovery apps, he can find the HM11 but can't connect to it.

Since there is the little problem that he lives in the other emisphere i can't really go there and check myself.
If i wanted to write a simple app to check and log everything i could about the ble adapter on the radio and being able to work from here, what should i check for?