[BUG] Version 2.2 IDE prevents scrolling away from cursor - very annoying

Mickster

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been using this version of b4a for about a month and had no issues. Suddenly, and only in this project file, the IDE refuses to allow scrolling away from the cursor position.

When you scroll, after half a second you will jump back to where the cursor is in the file. I think it is performing this jump continuously as I've noticed that general operations like typing have slowed down and become a little laggy (hard to explain).

Anyway, I've tested in an old and a new b4a project file and don't get the issue. To make sure it isn't my computer I've unplugged my keyboard and tried scrolling through other program and don't get the error..

It's very annoying so I'm looking for a quick fix if there is one?

Mickster

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you're right about 2.5, it would be good to receive some confirmation from erel that this will fix the issue. I'm not eligible for the free upgrade and considering that I have purchased b4a before, I don't want to spend more money just to have a functioning program.

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you reproduce the problem even after restarting the IDE? I had a similar problem right after upgrading to the first 2.5 Beta. I was unable to use the popup help because it closed automatically after a second or so. It was the effect as somone just presses a key but nothing really happens.

The problem was solved after just restarting the IDE and I never had it again and I wasn't able to reproduce it. Because of this I never reported it.

If you really can reproduce it with a project file I think the best thing would be to send the project to Erel so he can reproduce and solve the issue.

Mickster

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've restarted the IDE, rebooted my computer and even reinstalled b4a...no good.

Mickster

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel, you nailed it. I had accidentally given a class the same name as an existing class. Perhaps this can turn into a feature request for having the IDE tell you when you make mistakes like this?