Licensed User
Longtime User
Working fine here with Windows 11

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using Windows 11, version 22H2
I think there is issue with recent updates.

1694771628287.png

Last edited:

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the same version with the same updates as you have, but I'm experiencing no crash. Could it be a corrupted font/font that MS Paint can't handle? Have you tried restoring the default font settings? (control panel->fonts->font settings->(button)restore default font settings->reboot)

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the same version with the same updates as you have, but I'm experiencing no crash. Could it be a corrupted font/font that MS Paint can't handle? Have you tried restoring the default font settings? (control panel->fonts->font settings->(button)restore default font settings->reboot)
Tried, still persist.

Can you try run it as Administrator.. ?
Tried, still persist.

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My version OS Build 22621.2283
I'm on the same build. Have you checked the event log to see if either Paint logs something or some other system function logs an error around the time Paint crashes?

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm on the same build. Have you checked the event log to see if either Paint logs something or some other system function logs an error around the time Paint crashes?

Faulting application name: mspaint.exe, version: 11.2304.33.0, time stamp: 0x64f0b18d
Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2215, time stamp: 0xec54f32d
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x0000000000872320
Faulting process id: 0x0x2EC8
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D9E8003F91CC9A
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Paint_11.2304.33.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\PaintApp\mspaint.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll
Report Id: 11e657b9-1878-4407-bd07-457ccf6bc9be
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Paint_11.2304.33.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2215, time stamp: 0xec54f32d
Doing a quick search, this one is one of those issues that affects a myriad number of items in Windows with no clear answer from Microsoft on what could cause it / what would solve it. Have you done any theming in Windows lately? It is just one of the weird things that was mentioned regarding this issue (where in one case, theming caused the problem).

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Doing a quick search, this one is one of those issues that affects a myriad number of items in Windows with no clear answer from Microsoft on what could cause it / what would solve it. Have you done any theming in Windows lately? It is just one of the weird things that was mentioned regarding this issue (where in one case, theming caused the problem).
No theming. As it works a few weeks ago like other reported users in the link in post #2. Not sure it is related to. NET framework updates.

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure it is related to. NET framework updates.
I have the same updates as you. Supposedly Paint will run correctly under a new user profile on the same machine. If so, it's most likely some cryptic registry setting or file located in user's appdata that is the cause of all of this.