Building for Froyo and Honeycomb

eddy2099

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am still an Android newbie. The only Android device I have is my Froyo based phone. I know that you could use Basic4Android to build apps for the whole range of Android devices.

My question is that from a programmer's perspective in using Basic4Android, is there any difference between building an app for say the Samsung Galaxy Tab (Froyo) as opposed to say building for the Motorola Xoom (Honeycomb) ? I understand that I probably have to just build against the relevant SDK Platform and also handle the screen size. Is there any thing that I should take care of ? That is assuming that I am just need to develop apps which does not take advantage of some Honeycomb Only features.

I want to get an Android tablet. I like the idea of Honeycomb but the tablets are 10.1" which I feel is too huge for my liking. I like the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" which I find more portable.

Thanks. Sorry for the newbie question.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You do not need to change the SDK version. Unless you are using a library that specifically says that it requires a specific version then your program will work on all devices with Android 1.6 or above.

There is a short tutorial about connecting to Samsung Galaxy Tab: http://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?p=41397

Upvote 0