'code

Sub MySub
   'Do stuff
End Sub

Upvote 0

simonlee11

Licensed User
Longtime User
thankyou at last a simple response to a simple question. I love this program but we need some documentation for those of us who are just starting out.

Thanks
:sign0104:

Upvote 0

simonlee11

Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks again,
I have written this in visual basic and it works but re writing it using basic4android is hard work.

Thanks again

Upvote 0

dlfallen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Welcome to the B4A community!

A few comments - intended to help, please do not take offense:

at last a simple response to a simple question
At last? You got an answer less than 3 hours after your original post. It would have been less than an hour if your original question had been specific.

Because your question was nonspecific, potential responders had three choices: (1) contrive an comprehensive answer that would handle all possibilities (time consuming), (2) Guess at what you really needed and risk wasting the time of you, the responder, and anyone who peeked at this thread, or (3) ask for clarification so a clear and consise answer could be provided to you. Klaus was quite correct in asking for clarification. For future questions, providing as much actual code as possible would be a lot of help in responding to your questions. Take a look at the frequency and quality of help Klaus has provided to many folks. He deserves respect, not derision.

There is a great deal of documentation on this forum. Specifically, there is a VB6 to B4A conversion table that would undoubtedly be of great value to you in converting your Visual Basic code. You can find in this thread (not obvious from the title):
http://www.b4x.com/forum/basic4andr...ls/7475-there-goto-line-label-equivalent.html

There are many of us who have converted VB code to B4A. An easy way to ask a question would be to say "this is how I did it in VB (code . . .), how do I do it in B4A. You would probably get a quick, spot on answer.

Good luck, and have fun!

Upvote 0

simonlee11

Licensed User
Longtime User
sorry guys,
i didnt mean to offend the forum and its members I appreciate the responses i had spent a long time searching for an answer before i posted the question thats all.

Thanks

Upvote 0