Android Question Can't run MPAndroidCharts, any help please?

Adamdam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

I try to use this chart, I just copy every codes from running other app, but i get the following error:
1716635448285.png

I copied every things,
Any help please to find what this error mean and solve it.
Thanks on advance.
Best regards

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

I try to use this chart, I just copy every codes from running other app, but i get the following error:
View attachment 154013
I copied every things,
Thanks on advance.
Best regards
It does not find the additional resources. Read post #1 of that thread carefully and make sure you handle the additional resources as stipulated in post #1. No rocket science. Read and do as what is stated in post #1

Upvote 0

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

View attachment 154013
I copied every things,
Thanks on advance.
Best regards

Upvote 0

Adamdam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for all, who interest and reply,

I copied (manually) folder named as LibRes and also copied four files named as marker1.png ,... marker4.png from old project to new one.
Still same error. There is any other things need to copy or that not right and required tools to add there resources correctly ?
Best regard

Upvote 0

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for all, who interest and reply,

I copied (manually) folder named as LibRes and also copied four files named as marker1.png ,... marker4.png from old project to new one.
Still same error. There is any other things need to copy or that not right and required tools to add there resources correctly ?
Best regard
Upload your project please

Upvote 0

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You meant re-compile, close-open the project again?
I made that these two steps but same error.
Or give me a link to the project that you are trying. In post #??? of my original MPAndroidchart thread?

Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
Adam,
In the IDE of your project, click file then click export as zip. You will upload that zip file here in the forum using the attach files button below. These steps will allow knowledgeable members to help you.

Upvote 0

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Your project is running as what you have posted it....you do have some *.jpg files listed in the B4A IDE (see the files tab) but there are no such image files anywhere in your project. They should be added to the /Files folder of your project if you have them added to the files tab of the IDE

1716707177516.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
OK - for the marker you have not added the required files in the Objects/res/Layout and Objects/res/drawable folders. When you download and uzip the attached project you should use 7-zip

Make sure the marker1 to marker4 files are in the Objects/res/drawable folder and that their properties are set to "read only""
The same applies to the custom_marker_view_1 to custom_marker_view_4 files in the /Objects/res/layout folder of the B4A project

Have added it to the attached B4A project...the error that you got should now be gone.

1716711600513.png

Attachments

• Chart.zip
    32.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Adamdam

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK - for the marker you have not had the required files in the Objects/res/Layout and Objects/res/drawable folders. When you download and uzip the attached project you should use 7-zip

Make sure the marker1 to marker4 files are in the Objects/res/drawable folder and that their properties are set to "read only""
The same applies to the custom_marker_view_1 to custom_marker_view_4 files in the /Objects/res/layout folder of the B4A project

Have added it to the attached B4A project...the error that you got should now be gone.

View attachment 154039
Many thanks Mr. Johan
it's work
Really many thanks for your efforts.
can you kindly, tell me the modifications you made, to keep in mind in any other projects, please
Best regards

Upvote 0

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Many thanks Mr. Johan
it's work
Really many thanks for your efforts.
can you kindly, tell me the modifications you made, to keep in mind in any other projects, please
Best regards
I think the answer is very clear in my post above:

B4X:
OK - for the marker you have not  added the required files in the Objects/res/Layout and Objects/res/drawable folders. When you download and uzip the attached project you should use 7-zip

Upvote 0

Adamdam

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think the answer is very clear in my post above:

B4X:
OK - for the marker you have not  added the required files in the Objects/res/Layout and Objects/res/drawable folders. When you download and uzip the attached project you should use 7-zip

Thanks Mr. Johan,
Thank you for your efforts.

I have one question :
How can I append new value to the chart (i.e. add extra one record)?

Best regards

Upvote 0