B4J Question ComboBox or ChoiceBox add items from query result

phangs

Hello, I know this might be simple for others, but please I could not get it to work.

I am trying both combo and choice boxes but I could not make it work as I want. I the query result in variable rs (contains id and name), I can place the rs as list items either the id or the name but not both. I want to place the id and name in the combobox or choicebox so that when the selected index change is triggered, I can store the record's real id instead of the combobox or choicebox's id. I am trying to make additional methods to handle finding the record again when retrieving form it's table.

basically i want the combobox or choicebox to use the record's real id instead of the combobox or choicebox's id.

thanks in advance

Sergio Haurat

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a question we all ask ourselves when coming to B4X with combos, especially waiting for a .net SelectedValue that doesn't exist. There are some alternatives to the standard ComboBox, you should use

The development is by @Star-Dust, he is a trusted member in the operation of his libraries.

Upvote 0

walt61

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0