Android Question DBUtils ExecuteHTML help needed

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel and everyone else who may be able to answer this question, i'm working on an app which requires a listview, i purchased the Ultimate ListView and although i love it i'm having a performance issue with this listview, i have over 10000 items that need to go on that list, unfortunately the list takes around 15 seconds to load all the items. I just tried loading those items using the webview and the DBUtilities class and it works way better, the 10000 items load in under a second.
Now my questions are the following
#1 how can i adjust the width of the columns?
#2 is there a way to insert other views in the webview, ie checkbox
#3 How can i retrieve when pressed on a cell the information contained within.

If anyone has dealt with this before, i'd like to hear about it and thanks so much in advance for your help.

Thanks,
Walter

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is worth checking TableView (and FlexibleTable). It should be able to load 10000 items quite fast.

It is easier to work with compared to a html table. The code as is doesn't support checkboxes though it should be possible to modify add it and use a checkbox instead of label.

#3: you should set Clickable to True and then handle WebView_OverrideUrl event (see DBUtils example).

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…