B4J Question Debug Error not happening in Release Mode

johnB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

Would appreciate if anybody can give me an answer to why I'm getting this error message in Debug mode - the program is opperating correctly in Release mode.

Previously when I've had (what I think) was similar error messages but solved it by exiting B4j and restarting it. But that isn't working this time.

B4X:
Waiting for debugger to connect...
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper$FXHelper.main(LauncherHelper.java:767)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplicationWithArgs(LauncherImpl.java:383)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication(LauncherImpl.java:328)
    ... 5 more
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:348)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplicationWithArgs$156(LauncherImpl.java:352)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$175(PlatformImpl.java:326)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$173(PlatformImpl.java:295)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$174(PlatformImpl.java:294)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$148(WinApplication.java:191)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.raiseEvent2(BA.java:114)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.ShellBA.raiseEvent2(ShellBA.java:90)
    at b4j.MySQL_Portfolio.main.<clinit>(main.java:17)
    ... 11 more
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
    at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:209)
    at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:141)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:246)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:265)
    at java.io.DataInputStream.readByte(DataInputStream.java:265)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.raiseEventImpl(Shell.java:221)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.raiseEvent(Shell.java:159)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.raiseEvent2(BA.java:93)
    ... 13 more

johnB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you get a similar error if you start a new empty project?

I loaded a blank project and I didn't get the error

I complied 3 other B4J projects in debug mode and they didn't have the error

One other point is that if I exit B4J and come back to the same app some time later (maybe 30 minutes to 1 hour), it works in debug mode the first compile but I get the same error for any further compiles

Upvote 0

johnB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel

I've "Clean"ed the project, removed some messages about what should or should not be in the Files folder.
What appears to be happening is that it will run in Debug mode 80 to 90% of the time but if I restart (F11) the app always falls over and the error is as below which is slightly different from the previous one. I think that the previous one was when it falls over on Start

B4X:
Waiting for debugger to connect...
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:348)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplicationWithArgs$156(LauncherImpl.java:352)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$175(PlatformImpl.java:326)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$173(PlatformImpl.java:295)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$174(PlatformImpl.java:294)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$148(WinApplication.java:191)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.raiseEvent2(BA.java:114)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.ShellBA.raiseEvent2(ShellBA.java:90)
    at b4j.MySQL_Portfolio.main.<clinit>(main.java:17)
    ... 11 more
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
    at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:209)
    at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:141)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:246)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:265)
    at java.io.DataInputStream.readByte(DataInputStream.java:265)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.raiseEventImpl(Shell.java:221)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.raiseEvent(Shell.java:159)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.raiseEvent2(BA.java:93)
    ... 13 more
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper$FXHelper.main(LauncherHelper.java:767)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplicationWithArgs(LauncherImpl.java:383)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication(LauncherImpl.java:328)
    ... 5 more

UPDATE - I removed all BreakPoints and it appears to be working - this is a problem I had with another app about a year ago but I have to admit I can't remember if that was B4J or B4A - I've got the same apps running under both compilers

Upvote 0

johnB

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm unable to reproduce it. I've put a breakpoint in different places in Sub AppStart.

Thanks Erel, I'm preparing to go away, I'll try to replicate the arror again when I get time and if I can and it's ok with you, I send you the coding with the break points - but I'll contact you first

Upvote 0