Density specific scaling in designer?

mistermentality

Licensed User
Longtime User
I test my apps at what should be Droid X settings (480x854 resolution 240 dpi, according to manufacturers website) and in the emulator the apps work although do not scale to full screen size but on actual Droids the buttons are apparently all scrunched up.

Is there a way to specify a specific density when designing layouts in the designer as according to some reviews the Droid X density changes to 217dpi in some situations and I could then adapt accordingly?

I understand you can edit the scale but am unsure how to translate this to a density specific value.

Thanks.

Dave

mistermentality

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can create a new layout variant and set the scale value to 1.5 (160 * 1.5 = 240 dpi).

That is what I do but according to droid x owners the scaling is incorrect for their phone and the buttons are all squashed together so I was wondering whether it was the scaling as according to some reviews of the device the density changes and I thought if I could scale to the density reported of 217 dpi maybe that would fix the issue.

Dave

Upvote 0

LittleEddie

Licensed User
Longtime User
You could set the scale to 1.36 which is 217dpi

How that would effect other phones I have no idea, so I might have one at 1.36 and one at 1.5

Upvote 0