EditText box displays its properties

jschuchert

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have close to 200 edittext boxes within my application. Tonight I was checking orientation, etc. for all of the activities and noted that one (and only one) of the edittext boxes contained the word "(EditText)", including the parens. I always give the boxes a unique name which shows in faded lettering in the background but this was different. All the others are blank waiting for input. I went back to the designer to investigate but couldn't find anything. Nothing was in the 'text' field of that view, either. It only appears when I compile. Then it shows in the emulator and on the device. Further study indicated that I could scroll through that edittext box and see the properties like, Top = 80, Left =10, Height =20, Tag, etc. The 'text property' showed nothing. I will simply (hope its that simple) remove that view and put another in its place. I only brought this up because I am curious why it happened. Surely I did something along the way but don't have a clue. Any ideas?

Jim

jschuchert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Right on, Erel. I'm glad I asked because I wouldn't have known what to look for. It was nestled in Activity resume and pause stuff. You and the others are awesome.

Jim

Upvote 0