B4A Library FirebaseStorage - Simple file storage backend

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 103

My app allows auth with Google. But not the other auth methods... Did you allow one of these settings???
Yes, I have exactly the same settings.

Alpandino

Licensed User
Hi, is there any way to move a file from a remote folder to another remote folder without download first the file on a locale folder? I've found this link that talk about a similar function in Google Cloud Storage's API.
Is it possible integrate this function in B4A?

konradwalsh

Licensed User
Longtime User
QUESTION:
How do you consume the GetMetadata

Never mind me.. I just thought about reading the XML file and just learned some valuable information
This is the code for anyone else needing it..

B4X:
Private Sub Storage_MetadataCompleted (Metadata As StorageMetadata, Success As Boolean)
   Log("Time : " & Metadata.Timestamp)
      Log("Name : " & Metadata.Name)
         Log("Path : " & Metadata.Path)
            Log("Size : " & Metadata.Size)
End Sub

Last edited:

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for this wonderful library @Erel.

Only a couple of questions:

1) no specific manifest snippet for this Firebase library ?
2) "/auth - All authenticated users can read and write to this folder. Resources limited to the app users." ---> Do you mean google user account registered within the android phone? Like user@gmail.com ?

Last edited:

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
My need is to manage files of my Play Store app using a group logic.

For example:
Users within group A (customer A) can share upload / download the group A files and cannot access the files within others groups within the same app.
Users within group B (customer B) can upload / download files within group B and cannot access the files within others groups within the same app.

A Group (folder?) is created programmatically within the Android App for each customer user.

Is it possible to manage this scenario with firebase storage API and Firebase Auth?

Last edited:

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
How do you implement the groups? Who do you decide which customers belong to the same group?

There is a customer responsible for each customer that manage a team (coworkers).
Actually all users (resp & coworkers) share the same App* UI (workers UI and Responsible UI within the same App).

*Play Store App

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can I create the unique path using firebase rest api (programmatically) within the App ?

Last edited:

johndb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are there any future plans to release a B4J version of the FirebaseStorage library and other Firebase libraries?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the information but @alwaysbusy appears to provide the Firebase services within his ABmaterial framework
Ask him which api jar he use
I guess it is the java-server-sdk 3.x

Edit: seems to be using javascript (have had a look at the v2 release email i got)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…