Games Game Play Time?

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I used to be able to complete super Mario land on the Gameboy in 90 minutes. I think game time is something people focus too much on. some people only buy games if the single player mode is longer than 20 hours, I think final fantasy 7 took hundreds of hours to complete, but I think that was too much.

I think you're good to release it with 30 minutes of levels then add more later with updates. Then if it gets popular them do some themed level packs as IAP.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think you're good to release it with 30 minutes of levels then add more later with updates. Then if it gets popular them do some themed level packs as IAP.

this is exactly what i am planning. i will release 12 levels on the first version and then add 3 stage with each 12 levels so the game will have 36 levels what is a lot for such a game. the thing is that it is not hard to add now 36 levels on the first version but i try to make each level very unique and add new behaviors and enemies each level so the player will not get bored.

i have a level (8) where my character can fly after drinking a potion drink. and one level the left/right button disappear and there is a auto force so the player always run and you need to avoid traps and shoot enemies. i am now working on a level where there are no lights and the player need to find the treasure in the darkness.

Screenshot_2016-11-13-22-35-27.png

so it is a lot fun and i really like playing the game. i also improve every day the game performance.

i am really proud of what i have done until now with this game. its the first game i can say that has really potential to become a winner. (i hope :))

Reactions: eps

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ok i finished all 12 levels and i wanted to see how long it will take for me to complete them.
i need to mention that i played those levels hundred of times for testing and i know them well.

i also need to mention that i died about 15 times during the test (so its quite hard :p)

Screenshot_2016-11-17-12-20-32.png

i think this is ok. :)