Android Question Google Rejection - Cleartext traffic allowed for all domains - API 34 problem

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a paid app that I have maintained for more than 10 years. At my recent update for API 34 it has been rejected with:

The app uses the standard WebView to display internal HTML help files and does not facilitate user interaction with external content. At some stage in this app's history I was obliged to add the following because of problems loading the internal content.

CreateResourceFromFile(Macro, Core.NetworkClearText)
....presumably to facilitate non-HTTPS URLs ?

With API 34 compilation publication is blocked due to this issue. I have removed the manifest line and tested on an Android 14 device, the internal HTML content still loads and displays correctly. I am left wondering if this will now pass review?

My only course of action is to submit a new version and find out.......

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
With API 34 compilation publication is blocked due to this issue. I have removed the manifest line and tested on an Android 14 device, the internal HTML content still loads and displays correctly. I am left wondering if this will now pass review?
This should fix the mentioned issue. It will however mean that WebView will not load non-https urls.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…