How often are you updating your App?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So, this is a question i asked my self many times.
How often should i update my apps?
is there a reason why i should upload a new build even if i don't update anything or make only minor upgrades to my app?

So from my experience it is indeed a good idea to update your apps regularly.
What i mean with regularly is every 1-2 month.
WHY?

Well, from my experience (and firebase stats) i have the filling that updated apps are somehow featured by the shops (google, apple) and it also make sense.
if you update your app regularly it means you use updated SDK's and this is exactly what apple, google wants. They always update their SDK and fix bugs so updated apps
will be featured by them to ensure people use their latest SDK.

i also noticed it that updated apps get more revenue in Admob and i guess it is because of using the latest Admob SDK.

So if you have apps that make you revenue and you have not updated them for a long time i recommend you to do that and it may also increase your income.

I have many apps and many of them i have even unpublished because they are stupid apps (junk) and i dont want to deal with them to much. i only concentrate on good apps that also make some revenue and i try to keep them up to date (<2 month old)

i made a simple Excel file where i have my apps listed and check the date they were last updated to keep track.

1719912729890.png

as you can see, i have some apps i will need to update. this is a short list of my best revenue apps for the last 30 days (from admob)
i will include the excel template file
(i use conditional formatting)

i hope it help someone.
have a nice day :)

ilan

Attachments

• appupdateTemplate.xlsx
    10.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It shows the user that the app is still being worked on and has not been abandoned.
thats also a factor.
i was talking above from the Shop side and also even if you don't make any changes to the code it is recommended to update with the latest SDK's
from the user side it is also important to update the UI from time to time and insert new features so the user will see that the app is supported as you mentioned.
but even if you don't want to update the code you should still consider regularly updates.

Almora

Licensed User
Longtime User
i have more than 120 applications. As you said, even if there is no innovation in the average 1-2 months, it needs to be updated. it affects income.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i have more than 120 applications. As you said, even if there is no innovation in the average 1-2 months, it needs to be updated. it affects income.
i have maybe 70 apps but only around 20 are regularly updated. and i find it hard. how are you handling 120 apps? is this your full time job?

Almora

Licensed User
Longtime User
i have maybe 70 apps but only around 20 are regularly updated. and i find it hard. how are you handling 120 apps? is this your full time job?
no it is not. i usually look at it in the evening. i don't get tired of trying. i'm enjoying it.