Android Question Is Google Play still accepting ExternalStorage?

Solution
The short answer is no. This has been discussed in multiple threads on this forum. Do a search & you'll find out how to access external storage. You need to use ContentResolver. The issue isn't with Google Play, it's with Android restrictions.

- Colin.
This is wrong.

The correct answer is: yes.
ExternalStorage doesn't require any permission and is one of the recommended ways to access external resources.

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
The short answer is no. This has been discussed in multiple threads on this forum. Do a search & you'll find out how to access external storage. You need to use ContentResolver. The issue isn't with Google Play, it's with Android restrictions.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

alfaiz678

Licensed User

- Colin.
You mean ContentChooser

I understand your intention
I do not want to accessible all folders
I do not want to accessible the root
Nor to the Android folder

But I only want to create a folder from my application, I save the application downloads in it and read it only from it
And I tried this on Android 13 and it works well
This is the part that I ask about?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User

- Colin.
This is wrong.

ExternalStorage doesn't require any permission and is one of the recommended ways to access external resources.

Upvote 0
Solution

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is wrong.

In the context of the original post & the link he provided, the implication was that he wanted to access non-app specific storage - so the answer I provided is correct. His follow-up post showed that he actually asked the wrong question.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
You mean ContentChooser

I understand your intention
I do not want to accessible all folders
I do not want to accessible the root
Nor to the Android folder

But I only want to create a folder from my application, I save the application downloads in it and read it only from it
And I tried this on Android 13 and it works well
This is the part that I ask about?
Maybe ask the full question the first time & you'll get he correct answer. In light of your follow-up post, the question makes no sense. & no - I meant ContentResolver (for accessing true external storage - ie: storage that isn't app specific).

- Colin.

Upvote 0