Is there any alternative approach if my IP is private

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all ,

After hours of searching and configuring my router and PC trying to access my B4J server from internet ,I found this post
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...rver-with-b4a-client.57359/page-2#post-361523

I believe I have a private IP and my ISP support are not helping with this issue .
Now I am asking if there is any way to access my PC from internet without this issue fixed .

Thanks in advance.

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
Do you see any IP when accessing this : []

Last edited:

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Perfect. Now you have to check your router to see if you can do
-or port forwarding
-or dmz

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok that is simple now : you have to make a port forwarding from one port of your router to one IP inside your Lan. That last IP is the one from the device where the b4j server is running on.

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here it is :
My server is using 51052 port .
gLj6uw1.png

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Super. Is there any firewall set inside the router ? If not : you can call the IP : port directly from the internet
Because the private IP is no more one : it is the IP of the router's device and you just set your router to provide any traffic sent to its 51052 port to IP 192.168.1.14 inside your LAN

Edit: if the server is ran on Windows we perhaps will have to check Windows firewall too to allow b4j accept incoming connections

Last edited:

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
Super. Is there any firewall set inside the router ? If not : you can call the IP : port directly from the internet
Because the private IP is no more one : it is the IP of the router's device and you just set your router to provide any traffic sent to its 51052 port to IP 192.168.1.14 inside your LAN

But in router I get another IP different from the one I get from https://s1.applicateur.fr/myIP/

LTb2HpF.png

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Damn : you are behind the provider's proxy (the 10.. Ip is the one of your router inside his own LAN)
Sorry but the previous post you mentioned was right : you need a public IP for your device.
I am terribly sorry for the time I made you waste.
Or you could choose a small VPS to be able to run your server on.

Edit : or perhaps via a VPN (to test)

Last edited:

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
Damn : you are behind the provider's proxy (the 10.. Ip is the one of your router inside his own LAN)
Sorry but the previous post you mentioned was right : you need a public IP for your device.
I am terribly sorry for the time I made you waste.
Or you could choose a small VPS to be able to run your server on.

Edit : or perhaps via a VPN (to test)

Thanks a lot for your help

I tried SoftEther VPN but with no success .
Does it require any further setups ?

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Installing, testing and coming back about

Edit: the server won't work as you don't have access to your router

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hope someone will have a better idea. Currently testing with PrivateTunnel and their free 500MB offer. By chance I was able to connect once from the public IP they provided but not the next trials.

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hope someone will have a better idea. Currently testing with PrivateTunnel and their free 500MB offer. By chance I was able to connect once from the public IP they provided but not the next trials.

Can you please tell us how did you setup it for the first attempt>

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you please tell us how did you setup it for the first attempt>
Of course : I have tried to produce the same conditions you currently have so I have installed OpenVPN client on a phone. Created a free account at https://www.privatetunnel.com/index.php so I had a login and password.
Next, I have installed a small web server app I had and displaying a simple "Hello world" html page.

For my first test, I have disconnected the smartphone from the WiFi and was connected to data (to be sure to be behind a proxy, like you). I have connected the OpenVPN client and got an IP at San Jose, CA (I am in Portugal). I browsed from my PC to the VPN IP and port I had set (port 8080) and saw my Hello World page (but the first time only) :-(

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
Of course : I have tried to produce the same conditions you currently have so I have installed OpenVPN client on a phone. Created a free account at https://www.privatetunnel.com/index.php so I had a login and password.
Next, I have installed a small web server app I had and displaying a simple "Hello world" html page.

For my first test, I have disconnected the smartphone from the WiFi and was connected to data (to be sure to be behind a proxy, like you). I have connected the OpenVPN client and got an IP at San Jose, CA (I am in Portugal). I browsed from my PC to the VPN IP and port I had set (port 8080) and saw my Hello World page (but the first time only) :-(

Perhaps VPN service changes your device IP ?

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Perhaps VPN service changes your device IP ?
No, it is the same (it is clearly written on the OpenVPN client's activity). I have tried with another location but without more success.
I better think that it is logic : they share the IPs between more than one customer (probably).