Layout variants on HTC Flyer

Dataverde

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey,

i try to scale up my layout for the 7" 600x1024 scale 1 screen of the HTC Flyer.
I made a new layoutvariant with that specifications but when i run the app it clearly uses one of the other layouts(480x800 scale 1.5 and 480x854 scale 1.5) so that only a small part of the screen is used.

Any suggestions on that?
is there a way to force it to use a variant by code?

Greetings,
Lennart

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't think the Flyer has 160dpi...

Maybe copy the code, remove the other layouts and leave only the Flyer one.. See what happens then.

Upvote 0

Dataverde

Licensed User
Longtime User
The designer tells me it is scale = 1 (160 dpi) when i connect the device with the designer. So if the device itself returns a wrong scale maybe thats the error.

I´ll try deleting the other layouts.

Upvote 0

Gearcam

Licensed User
Longtime User
HTC flyer

Hi

what are the correct settings to get the emulator to run and run corrctley on my Flyer.
Any examples ?

Thanks

steve

Upvote 0

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
is there a way to force it to use a variant by code?

See this page in the Documentation Wiki.

Also note on that page that a layout which fits a Flyer perfectly will also fit the 7" Galaxy Tab which is also 1024x600, but a tablet like the Archos 70 which is 800x480 will cut off some of the 1024x600 layout for the simple reason that it doesn't have as many pixels to use and since they are both considered to have a scale of 1, Android will not resize the layout.

To fix that problem, see this post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gearcam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel it now runs

Is there a proper skin avalible so i can check the menu buttns etc like on other devices ?

Steve

Upvote 0

Gearcam

Licensed User
Longtime User
emulater hangs

Hi Erel

I have had this running for a while but the app is getting bigger and in the emulater it stops but not always at the same place anyidea why ? memory ?

On the real devise it is perfect never stops but i do not always have the device when programing

Steve

Upvote 0