Wish Material and FontAwesome icons from 0x#### code

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a wish which might be useful to other users as well

Here is the case:
Yesterday I did something stupid because of excessive work hours. I tried to create a panel with some labels (runtime) which have as text some icons of the two TypeFaces mentioned. I searched in the corresponding form as seen bellow:

As you can see it displays the 0x#### code of the icon when you hover over it. I took this and wrote it down but forgot to write down from which typeface/font this code came from. It would be really nice if I could avoid trying to "debug" the 0x#### codes (to find out from which font I took it) by having a text box in this dialog where I could write this code and by clicking on the radio buttons to display this icon to me in a label for example.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Darned... I can't delete this thread. The solution is already created by typing the 0x#### code in the Filter. Sorry...

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just noticed another thing which answers de facto without searching. All FontAwesome icons start with 0xF### and all Material icons start with 0xE###. Of course I've searched randomly in the sets and if the sample was not characteristic of the typeface then I may be wrong.

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, as @Sandman said, this is very useful information for most of us, specially beginners.

So keep this thread.

Regards

Anand

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…