• Turn off debug

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less popups.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ipika july

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have few suggestions for improvement B4A.
I think which will make IDE & B4A better.

Doc
  1. Maintaining library repository. & allowing its access in IDE.

I think there should be a proper repository of b4a libraries. A Place where all libs are uploaded by user.So they can be downloaded by IDE. This will make easier for people to find needed libs.Everything should be searchable methods & descriptions.May be with brief description it will be better.I don't think its hard to do.i can help. :)
    Each lib should have a unique id.There should be meta data in b4a so that they can be downloaded automatically.This will also make easier to update libraries to latest version.Which is a issue.I see many questions because of outdated libs.

There should be a poper naming convention in libs like init() for initialization.

2. Settings import & export.
    Although there are not much setting in b4a at present but if you implement my suggestions you should give options.

3. Color of rapid debug.[Its a Bug]
    Personally i hate that greenish color. Looks unprofessional.

4. Options in filter.
    Console log is missing filters. There should be custom filter like intext,Beginswith,ends with.

5. Turn off debug
    Can you remove all debug subs from IDE ? during compilation if user wantes.

6. Word wrap in console log as an option

7. Selection of text in console.
    I think you should allow copying of text from console log. To copy a debug value i have to copy line & the paste it & then recopy :(

8. More shortcuts.
    Duplicate line,Move to sub declaration,move to usb end,comment block,Uncomemnt,Screenshot etc.
    And it will be much better if you allow users to define custom key.

9. Less popups.
    I think erel is big fan of poups.Instead of tabs & frames he uses popups which i personally dont like.Its feels like i am now using another application when a popup appers. ex: Find,Compile. I can define layout if you wish :).

10. Auto indent
    Auto indentation is something i am missing in this IDE,
    Can you auto indent block to next tab when a block is closed.Deleting indent of multiple lines at once etc.

11. Auto complete
    IDE should have autocomplete of function name & variables. Autocomplete should look for doc block

12. doc blocks.
    Define a protocol so documentation in B4A program is easy.
    As programs with many sub are tough to remember.
  13. Plugins for IDE (If possible)
    Please allow users to write plugins for IDE which will make your job less complex.

14. Themes ?
  15. Cursor undo.
    I miss this feature in every IDE.Can't i move to last position where my cursor was.

16. Last opened projects list.Can i get list of last opened files ? A popup in beginning of ide Having all my projects.
I hope some people will agree to my few suggestions.
Sorry for bad english.
Great IDE,Great Erel ,Great B4A :D

I have added poll but poll doesnot have more than 10 options ...:(

If you have more suggestions on my suggestions comment :D

PS. Color of debug window is a bug.Not a features :D

Last edited: