Wish My Wish List ........

RickV

Dear B4x makers. ( You legends !!! )

After writing my first app and onto the second, I would like to ask for a change in the designer IDE please. Trivial to some but I am sure I am not alone on this.

I am blind. (yes can feel all the WTF you writing here coming but stay with it.)
I have opaque cornea's and the designer is incredibly hard to work with. Yes the concept and use is easy not complaining about that. To anyone with cataracts or damage like myself its like looking into headlights and trying to read fine print LOL

Is it possible in future releases to potentially make the background not so white and when you change the colors of the objects, reflect the colours on the screen that you have selected in the properties and drawn?

The ide selects random colours for the views that are drawn. Lets say you draw a panel, it comes up in a random colour. You change the properties to black or dark green, can you reflect that change on the right hand side ? Same with labels etc

This would be a tremendous help and would also allow you to see what your screens would really look like without having to run the app every 5 seconds.

Food for thought.

Kind Regards
Rick.

(in Australia)

PaulMeuris

Licensed User
The B4J visual designer contains a WYSIWYG designer (F2) that reflects some settings from the default views.
1679568912655.png

This could be expanded to show all the property settings as much as possible.
A themes list (dark theme, light theme, ...) to select from for this form would also be a great improvement.

P.S. the default url for the webview is no longer accessible (security reasons i guess).