B4J Question [Open again][SOLVED] Child form constraint to MainForm

Adie

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, the app opens up the mainform and then:

1) the child form(s) must not be able to be moved 'outside' the form. It is not a modal form - I can even open multiples of the same form. (See the picture for the target look.)

2) How do I start the app 'Maximized'

Adie

Attachments

• target look.JPG
    target look.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 248

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Roberto P.

Licensed User
Longtime User
1) the child form(s) must not be able to be moved 'outside' the form. It is not a modal form - I can even open multiples of the same form. (See the picture for the target look.)

excuse me, how did you make the child form(s) ? I have to create the same architecture
thank you

Upvote 0

Adie

Licensed User
Longtime User
The app in the picture (Post 1) was done with C++ Builder. My aim is to get the same 'look and feel' with B4J. At this stage I am afraid it will be a slow and long struggle.

I attached the B4J project. It is basically the Main Form and one 'child' form. This child form must not be able to move outside the 'canvas' of the main form. The child form (it sit in a class) will eventually be the BASE for all forms in the app. The solution Erel gave to limit movement only work for 'UNDECORATED' forms as the Title bar is excluded from the event (See code) I might use a Pane instead of a form to get all the control I want.

OK, anyone that can make the form to be constrained in the MainForm ?

Attachments

• EnviroJ.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 223
Upvote 0

Adie

Licensed User
Longtime User
*************** THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR ***************

Upvote 0

Roberto P.

Licensed User
Longtime User
The app in the picture (Post 1) was done with C++ Builder. My aim is to get the same 'look and feel' with B4J. At this stage I am afraid it will be a slow and long struggle.

I attached the B4J project. It is basically the Main Form and one 'child' form. This child form must not be able to move outside the 'canvas' of the main form. The child form (it sit in a class) will eventually be the BASE for all forms in the app. The solution Erel gave to limit movement only work for 'UNDECORATED' forms as the Title bar is excluded from the event (See code) I might use a Pane instead of a form to get all the control I want.

OK, anyone that can make the form to be constrained in the MainForm ?
Hello
I would also like to develop an application with B4J, but I care about the graphic (UI) because it seems to me a long and complicated path.

Thank you

Upvote 0

Adie

Licensed User
Longtime User
Once I finished the 'core' functionality (basically all the graphic stuff and basic data validation) I will post it on the forum. It will save a lot of development time and ensure the App function in a controlled and safe way.

I will start a new thread soon.

Upvote 0

Adie

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK that "it is not a mdi" did not work for me. It did give me some food for thought though.

Attached is the current project. at this stage I am learning B4J and thus the current sample still need some eye-candy. Most of the functionality that I am after looks doable. (I will do the child form constraints in the MainForm this weekend) Will start a thread in the B4J Tutorials section as soon as the system is functional.

Adie

Attachments

• EnviroJ (2).zip
    11.9 KB · Views: 198
Upvote 0