Android Question OpenGL light effect (VR-GLASS)

MasterGy

Hello !

There are 5 random mazes in the space, you can walk through them. The game can also be played with VR glasses, with music playing underneath to enhance the atmosphere.

-Double opengl window, transparent textures, drawing order

-3 control options. You keep going in the direction you're looking. It can be controlled by orientation of the phone, or by touch.

-automatic detection of objects we are looking at. In the vr display, the space in the two windows is rotated proportionally to the distance of the target object. it works like our eyes, as the object approaches, the eyeballs turn towards each other. For comfort and to avoid tiring the eyes, the target will be in the eye's focus.

The next step is to add lighting effects. There is one or more light sources and it would color the textures based on its position. It seems complicated, so if anyone has done this, it would be great if you could help.

MasterGy

I managed to understand and use light in opengl. It's not very simple. It would have been nice if someone had explained it, it would have saved me a week. I added 2 lights. (A maximum of 8 light sources is possible, I will use them all later) One starts from the camera's point of view, a point-like light source, which creates the effect of holding a light with diffused light. And the other is a day. A 'sun' revolves around the track. It does not have a point-like light, but a directed beam. Their effect can be seen when walking on the track.

+ information board: object detection. it identifies what is in the crosshairs. It shows where we are right now.

- the information board and the target cross are located at different distances in space. since they are visible without a cover, it feels as if it is in front of us, yet far away. This contradiction creates an interesting visual stimulus for the brain. this can only be perceived in vr glasses.

Upvote 0

MasterGy

Hello !

Developments:
-Menu structure. Many things can be adjusted. Control, OpenGL, trivia.
-Use of several modules (code modules, activity modules)
-Various control options.
-Improved animated textures and lighting effects.

Try it with VR glasses!

question:
There is something I really don't understand, chatgpt is a great help, but I didn't understand it. Synchronous and asynchronous operations, when is it worth calling sub with 'wait for', what changes if I add 'resumablesub' to a sub. What happened was that it took more than 5 seconds to process and load the textures. One of my 3 test phones started showing the 'app is not responding' window, and after I closed it in vain, it kept popping up. I started researching and understood that if an application shows no activity towards the user interface (UI?) for 5 seconds, then the android system detects it as dead. OK good. That's why I added a bar to indicate the loading process, so that there is activity. However, here I encountered the phenomenon that the screen update can be blocked in certain cases. managed to keep active and refresh the screen when loading textures with random attempts. But unfortunately I don't understand the connections even now. If someone has the patience for it, could you explain in words what is happening. what is the difference. synchronous, asynchronous, resumablesub, waitfor.....I would like to understand the connections between them.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…