Pontiflex - Sign-Up Ads

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

Attached is yet another monetisation library, Pontiflex Sign Up ads. This will be the first and for now the only sign-up ad available for B4A.

Implementation is a little different from other ad libraries.

1 - Register yourself at Pontiflex <-- In "How did you hear about us?" section, please key in B4A.

2 - You will need your AM to help set up ad units for your apps. This restriction is in place now as some developers have mis-used the feature. Developer control is being re-implemented according to my AM.

3 - Once the setup is done, go to manage app, and download app contents. Basically you will need the AppInfo.json file and pontiflex_sdk.jar

4 - Copy both files into your "Files" folder (do not import via the IDE, as we need the proper file naming / cases)

5 - In manifest (I'm old-school, no manifest editor for me) :

B4X:
<activity android:name="com.pontiflex.mobile.webview.sdk.activities.MultiOfferActivity"/>
<activity android:name="com.pontiflex.mobile.webview.sdk.activities.RegistrationActivity" android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation"/>

Permissions:

B4X:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS"/>

Get accounts is necessary to pre-fill the email field which helps in a higher take-up of the ad offers!

6 - In code is simple:

B4X:
Dim pf As MESPontiflex
pf.initialise
pf.showAd

Implement some control strategy if you do not want to always show the ad (maybe once a day?). I MIGHT update the library in future with this feature built in..

7 - Release your app and get some moolah!

Give it a go if you'd like a sign up ad thingy. If you'd like to see the ad in action, download my Classical Music app.

They dont have offers for many countries though, so that might be a rather downside to it. BUT, their payout is not bad for when they do have ads.

I am also told that you get $0.05 for every valid US email registration. I am not sure where to see this report though in their dashboard.

Ok, let me know how it goes!

Cheers!
-Bill

Attachments

• Pontiflex.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 240
Last edited: