Project Documentation Tool?

I'm returning a B4X project after a break and as a way of familiarising myself with the project structure, classes etc I thought a good place to start would to be to document it all. So while I was messing with ChatGPT I asked it if the was a tool do this for me and it suggested there was one written by Erel called B4XPagesBuilder. However, I can't find any reference to it within the forum or on the website generally. Does this really exist and if so how can I get it?

This is what chatGPT said:
Yes, there is a tool called "B4XPagesBuilder" that can automatically generate documentation for a B4X project's structure. B4XPagesBuilder is a free and open-source tool developed by Erel Uziel, the creator of the B4X programming language.

B4XPagesBuilder can generate a detailed report of a B4X project's structure, including the number of windows, classes, modules, and other components. The report can also include information about the relationships between components, such as which windows are related to which classes.

To use B4XPagesBuilder, you will need to download and install it on your computer. Once installed, you can open a B4X project in B4XPagesBuilder and generate a report by clicking on the "Generate Report" button. The report will be generated in HTML format and can be opened in a web browser.

Overall, B4XPagesBuilder can be a useful tool for documenting the structure of a B4X project, and can help developers better understand the relationships between components and the overall architecture of their application.

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Strange that Google does not know it, but the bot is quoting...

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
b4xpagesbuilder-update-june-2018.92503/
I think B4XPages was introduced in June 2020. How come the tool updated in 2018?

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think B4XPages was introduced in June 2020. How come the tool updated in 2018?
So are you saying that you think a documentation exists?

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
project structure, classes etc
If we load the project, the structure is organized inside the IDE.

generate a detailed report of a B4X project's structure, including the number of windows, classes, modules, and other components
If you want, you can open the project file using a text editor like Notepad to see the list of libraries used by the project.

I don't see the point having this information display in an external tool.

As a developer, I will write comments at top of a function and when I hover the function where it is used, the comment is shown. The IDE now support ability to peek the code in the class and right click to jump to the identifier. This is more useful.

Adrian Jansen

Licensed User
Longtime User
I asked the same question just a while ago:

Found that if I just create a code module called something like "Docs" and then put a collection of entries between #if ... #end if tags, you can write anything you like.
Just dont define a Conditional Symbol in the Project|Build Configurations using one of your tag names.

Something like:
B4X:
#if MyNotes

Can put anything in here.
MyNotes is not defined, so stuff in here is not compiled

#end if

#if ToDo
Any ToDo comments here
#End If

You can even create Subs with heading names like

B4X:
Sub Class_Header1

#if h1

Anything you want

#end if

End Sub

And those dummy subs show up in the Modules list, so you can jump to them from there