Scrollview with Buttons...

Gary Miyakawa

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, it must be the weekend and I'm brain dead...

I built a small app with one scrollview (using Designer to create the scrollview). I loaded an image into the scrollview. Now I want to add a button that "scrolls" with the view... The button ends up with the Activity as the parent... so I added a panel... whos parent is the Activity... but I haven't figured out (brain dead) how to make the panel be the child of the Scrollview...

I can do it from code (thanks Klaus) but I want to build it from the designer....

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Gary M

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Have a look at this example: ScrollView with a Panel higher than the screen.

It's not exactly with your layout but the principle is the same.
A ScrollView with a Panel higher than the screen, several views even out of the screen.
The layouts are designed in the Designer.

Best regards.

Upvote 0

Gary Miyakawa

Licensed User
Longtime User
Klaus,

What an excellent example! Thank you !

I have one last (yeah right) question... I'm able to adjust the "height" of the scrollbox dynamically but I'd also like to be able to adjust the "inner Height"... I see that is adjustable if I do an initialization but I don't see any other way.. Is this a case where I'll need to have a different .bal file for each of the possible "inner height" settings ?

Thanks,

Gary M

Upvote 0

kickaha

Licensed User
Longtime User
If I am reading the question correctly, you are talking about the panel within the scrollview.

This (in the example given - it is MOST excellent) you can change it with scvTest.Panel.Height

Upvote 0