Android Question Sniffing the wifi data from a remote sender

rodmcm

Licensed User
I ask this off topic question as I have always been impressed by the level of expertise on this forum. I would like to develope a standalone item that can sense and send to Zigbee Tuya devices without the app running. A smart switch transmits to a zigbee router which the sends then onsends wifi to the phone app. If you could gather the data burst from the wifi then you could identify each of the modes the switch operates. Similarly you could identify the app wifi burst to operate a light say.
The standalone item would sense the switch and operate the light.. Thoughts on a data sampling of the known address of the router?

MbedAndroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
zigbee might work on 868 mhz or 915mhz.? In that case you can sniff the data with Universal Radio Hacker prog. I had succes on some devices with this program, but never tried zigbee

Upvote 0

MbedAndroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
i thought there was a german guy who hacked the tuya appliances by means of linux wifi server between internet and the appliance. In this way he found the datastream and was be able to install OtA other software in the appliance. Neat trick.
on github i found this. https://github.com/jasonacox/tinytuya, but i not the same as i have seen before.
may be it's a help for you

Upvote 0