SQL Help please

ClassicDancer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I'm new to this environment. I hope you can help me please. I've wriiten a simple SQL save and retrieve app today. The app works while I'm in it, but when I exit and go back in the data appears to have gone.

Regards,

ClassicDancer

kickaha

Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought that "sql.transactionsuccessful" was only applicable within "sql.BeginTransaction" : "sql.EndTransaction" blocks, or am I missing something here?

Upvote 0

Merlot2309

Licensed User
Longtime User
@ Kickaha,

You are right; .begin- and .endtransaction are part of the construction, but without adding .transactionsuccessful it doesn´t work well anyway.

When you don't get an error and see that a database isn't updated, the most likely cause is the missing .transactionsuccessful.

Greets from a warm Spain,
Helen.

Upvote 0

Merlot2309

Licensed User
Longtime User
@ Kickaha,

The only part that I think I know something about is SQL (of course with the help of Klaus, Andrew, Erel and you; with the checkboxes :sign0188:).

But (and tastefully off topic) I am very happy that you became a truely fantastic person in this community. :sign0060:

Greets,
Helen.

Upvote 0

kickaha

Licensed User
Longtime User
Steady on, you are making me blush.

As a complete novice with sql (I only learnt sql 3 weeks ago to help someone with a problem) I hope I can call on your expertise when I get stuck - you can be the forums (unofficial) sql guru :cool:

Upvote 0