Text message software

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all

Have been looking around for software to send text messages. Not a service but the software itself. I am thinking its like email and there are many email servers you can down load and run. Are there any Text message servers?

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
if I use skype then all my customers have to have it installed and have an account.
I am looking for something that I can send info too (from my android tablet program) and then send (from my own central server) to the recipient.

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
hhhhmmmm. That could work but means all my customers would have to run a client app on there phone besides the tablet app I am selling. It could work though. Thanks

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In this case the best bet is to contact with your phone carrier.. But if you must build your own SMS server then you have to buy SMS modem rack with may SIM card slots (depends on the number of you customers) and this means you are going to pay the carrier company a substantial amount of monthly.. so I think the cheaper solution is to have the company do that for you and you rent their server.