Trader Status

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
I got an email from Apple today:

Hello,

As a reminder, starting today, in order to submit updates for apps on the App Store in the European Union (EU) you need to provide your trader status in App Store Connect. If you’re a trader, you’ll need to provide your trader information before you can submit your app for review.

Learn what a trader is and how to enter your status >

Starting February 17, 2025, apps without trader status will be removed from the App Store in the EU until trader status is provided and verified in order to comply with the Digital Services Act.

My app is available worldwide, so it looks like the EU now requires app developers who sell (or have in-app payments) in there app to show there personal details online on the app store such as there phone number, address.

Email address is not such a big deal as it's easy enough to setup a Gmail email etc, but address and phone number need to be displayed. I don't really want to publish my phone number else I will get calls in the middle of the night. I guess I will need to get a pre-paid phone just so I don't have to publish my real number.

Not much of a big deal for a business, but for a individual it might be.

Not sure if I am overlooking this, but I don't really want to publish my phone number.

Organizations:
The address associated with your D-U-N-S Number will automatically display. You’ll need to enter the following for display on your App Store product pages:
  • Phone number
  • Email address
Individuals:
You’ll need to enter the following for display on your App Store product pages:
  • Address or P.O. Box
  • Phone number
  • Email address

1729213270635.png