User Messaging Platform (UMP) Library

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
A new better way to get consent from EEA users.
Please read what you need to do on this link: https://developers.google.com/admob/ump/android/quick-start

Prerequisites:
  • Funding Choices account linked to your AdMob account.
  • To create a Funding Choices account, go to Blocking Controls > EU user consent in the AdMob UI and select manage consent with Funding Choices. The Funding Choices account is then created automatically in the background.
  • You also need to create Consent form and make it Active.

You need to add your Application ID in manifest
B4X:
AddApplicationText(<meta-data
            android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.APPLICATION_ID"
            android:value="ca-app-pub-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX~YYYYYYYYYY" />)

Download library zip file and extract archive to Additional Libraries folder.

Attachments

• UmpLibrary.zip
    106.4 KB · Views: 401
  • UmpBannerExample.zip
    12.1 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
Commonly used vendors, but you can edit Consent Form later, also you can delete form and create a new one.

yiankos1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Indeed! I have exactly the same problems as described. If a user want to manage his preference, then no ads will be served. Moreover all buttons will result to UNKNOWN. So we have to wait in order to be fixed this buggy SDK. Because as I read, all apps will have to be annoying like site's cookies. So this library will be a must-have for all apps.

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
I believe they will upgrade the existing version soon, as this one have a lot of different problems.

yiankos1

Licensed User
Longtime User
I believe they will upgrade the existing version soon, as this one have a lot of different problems.
So I will be needed a new version of your library?

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wrapper is OK. I have exact same problems with native implementation. I will update wrapper when they update original library. Maybe the problem is on their server backend and problems resolve it self without library updates. Who knows.

yiankos1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wrapper is OK. I have exact same problems with native implementation. I will update wrapper when they update original library. Maybe the problem is on their server backend and problems resolve it self without library updates. Who knows.
I searched a lot and i found out this post. There is an engineer from google support that mentions UKNOWN result is normal behavior and we should use this framework to play with consent.

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
I searched a lot and i found out this post.
Post is for JS implementation, for websites.
I did not find any working Android implementation.
This is error when you opt-out from tracking, 100% native (Kotlin) implementation, you get same error from B4a implementation:
I/System.out: ConsentInformation.ConsentStatus.OBTAINED
I/System.out: ConsentInformation.ConsentType.UNKNOWN
I/Ads: This request is sent from a test device.
I/System.out: No ad config.
I/Ads: Ad failed to load : 3
If you find native Java/Kotlin implementation on Internet that is working, please report here and I will make changes in wrapper.

Last edited:

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
There isn't a working version that I'm aware of. I have apps written in both Kotlin & Swift where if the user taps the "Do not consent" button, AdMob will not serve any ads at all. As it is, the Funding Choices GDPR consent setup is unusable. You might as well just not serve ads to EU users. The ATT (App Tracking Transparency) for iOS14+ through Funding Choices works OK, but not the GDPR consent interface.

- Colin.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…