Android Question Virus?

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello.

Today, when I compiled my app, I get the error:

B4X:
Signing package file (private key).    (0.41s)
Installing file to device.    Error
Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.

Yesterday was working without any issue. Didn't changed anything in between. Tried with a few Android devices.

I don't know if this is linked with the issue or not, but Android devices with B4A Bridge running are no more shown in the IDE B4A Connect menu, but I can still connect using the IP address.

Anyone with this issue?

Thank you.

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Microsoft Defender does not find anything in the project folder and subfolders. The apk file is successfully created (no warnings from MS Defender). Only when I connect the Android device over USB or through the B4A Bridge I get that error.

Upvote 0

Spavlyuk

Licensed User
Try excluding your project folder from the antivirus. Perhaps real time monitoring temporarily locks the apk when it's first accessed, leading to your error.

Upvote 0

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
The problem disappear without doing anything except a full scan of the project folder (which was anyway excluded long time ago from realtime MS Defender monitoring). Very strange ...

Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Any moment the db of Windows scanner may get to be ... smarter...

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Anyone with this issue?
I've seen it, using USB cable (in my case). I just ignore it and compile again. Sometimes I have to do a clean project. I just chalk it up to MS's anti-virus software going bonkers.

Upvote 0

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've seen it, using USB cable (in my case). I just ignore it and compile again. Sometimes I have to do a clean project. I just chalk it up to MS's anti-virus software going bonkers.
In my case with both USB cable or B4A Bridge. If no device connected, the apk is compiled successfully.

Upvote 0