B4A Library Vitamio 5 (Version 5.2.3)

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I had a look and VIDEO_LAYOUT_FIT_PARENT seems to work correctly. To center it, that is something you need to yourself.
You could call the following sub after you have invoked SetVideoLayout()

B4X:
Sub CenterVideoView

If GetDeviceLayoutValues.Width < GetDeviceLayoutValues.Height Then 'portrait
            vvvit5.Top = (100%y - vvvit5.Height) / 2
    Else if GetDeviceLayoutValues.Width > GetDeviceLayoutValues.Height Then 'landscape
          vvvit5.Left = (100%x - vvvit5.Width) / 2
        vvvit5.Top = (100%y - vvvit5.Height) / 2
    End If

End Sub

If you are using the sample-app and you are implementing a method somewhere in your code which iterates different videolayouts, then remember to remove the existing SetVideoLayout-method which is present in the sample-app in the Prepare-event.

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,firstly this lib is excellent!

I have noticed a problem with vitamino though, not only this one but the old version 4, I was hopiing that 5 would be better but its not.

This is not anything you have done, and I dont expect a fix just because I donated, but as soon as I add anything "firebase" the app fails to run!

it opens and closes with no errors!? i presume something is in conflict do you have any idea what it could be?

here is what i did,

your initial demo, I just added the base filebase code to the manifest, and the libraries. no code

my app opens and closes immediately. Again, this also happens with vitamino 4!

The lib is still excellent, thank you for wrapping it. but any tips as to getting firebase working with it would be great!

Thanks

Aidy

Last edited:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have never used firebase so I can't really tell.
You can send me by pm the sample project with your extra code and I will check this evening so I can try to better understand the problem and see if it can be resolved.

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just to let you know, i have re added the manifest for, firebase admob, notifications, and don manfreds, remoteconfig, and it works fine, I am not sure what the problem was, but it seems fine now sorry.

The library is working as expected, very happy!

Thanks

Aidy

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

I checked with Vitamio but I also I compared with VLC for windows (which is famous for being able to play nearly all streams and formats available)

"rtmp://203.145.115.34/Eazy/Eazy-Listen-Low"
Vitamio: works but takes a while until streaming starts
VLC: works but slow starting the stream. Same as Vitamio

"rtmp://lb-media.mcot.net:1935/MCOTRadio/fm99.stream"
Both Vitamio and VLC cannot connect. Seems the streaming link is offline

"rtmp://27.131.144.177/103likefm/live"
Both Vitamio and VLC cannot stream.

"http://symc-cdn02.bkk01.violin.co.th:1935/liveedge/292277227873_300/playlist.m3u8"
Both Vitamio and VLC reports authorization/access denied problems

As you can see, Vitamio and VLC behave the same.

victormedranop

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just received this AMAZING lib, the must importan thing if video quality control.
but one thing why always display in format 4:3 an I know my streaming are 16:9.

regards,

Victor

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
why always display in format 4:3 an I know my streaming are 16:9
The wrapper simply wraps the original methods in Vitamio5 which handle VideoLayout and AspectRatio.
When using this method:
B4X:
vvvit5.SetVideoLayout(vvvit5.VIDEO_LAYOUT_XXX,0)
and you set 0 as the 2nd parameter, then Vitamio5 should adjust aspect ratio automatically.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Almora
I have sent you e-mail with payment instructions.
PS: it's better you use PM here in the forum (conversation)

Almora

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi..

I added the panel. I got the video into the panel. But it goes out of the video panel landscape.

B4X:
panel1.addview(vvvit5, 0, 0, panel1.width, panel1.height)

I've tried. Did not work.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've tried. Did not work.
I sent you by email your test-project with the necessary corrections.
In your case you must use "VIDEO_LAYOUT_FIT_PARENT" and update Vitamio's layout with those of the panel.
I guess your case was exactly the reason why Vitamio added "VIDEO_LAYOUT_FIT_PARENT" in the 5th version...

jazzzzzzz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Does RTSP live streams works good in this library? I have tried rtsp on vitamio 4.2 bundle but the app crashes without any log..Can some one confirm RTSP is working or not?

Does multiple video playback works in vitamio5??

Last edited:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@jazzzzzzz
Please provide me with a working rtsp stream and I can check (if it is not a public link, then send it by PM).
Does multiple video playback works in vitamio5
Never tried. If it works with earlier versions (found here on the forum) then it should work with Vitamio5 or send me a test project in Vitamio4.2 and I can try.

jazzzzzzz

Licensed User
Longtime User

I have attached Vitamio 4.2 bundle based app which contains both rtsp and rtmp sample links.In 4.2 if rtsp is used app is crashing and rtmp is working fine..Please test the same in the latest version you have.

Also please create 2 videoview in same screen and give these two links and see whether both are playing well in your device.(I assume your device is good enough)

Attachments

• vitamio4.zip
    34 KB · Views: 310

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, I tested on an emulator and both links (rtsp and rtmp) play/work fine.
If it can play two videos at the same, I don't know. According to the (old) docs here, it cannot:
Cann't play two videos at the same time.
Does it work with Vitamio4.2?
I can test with Vitamio5 but only if I find some time this evening.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…