VNC Resolver - a website dedicated to showcasing all the insecure VNCs across the world

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I did not understand what it is, sorry if I am layman here.
Can someone explain what is the good/bad here ?

I checked some screen-shots but they all look like Linux screens to me.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I did not understand what it is, sorry if I am layman here.
Can someone explain what is the good/bad here ?
Let's see if I can give you a slight hint.

People all over the world have installed VNC (a server to view and control a remote computer) on lots of computers and made it possible to connect, and potentially control, them from any other computer on the internet.

Can you see the issue..? :)

(If not, please install VNC on your computer and make it accessible from the internet and wait and see if something "fun" happens to it. (This is a joke, please don't do this.))

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Let's see if I can give you a slight hint.

People all over the world have installed VNC (a server to view and control a remote computer) on lots of computers and made it possible to connect, and potentially control, them from any other computer on the internet.

Can you see the issue..? :)

(If not, please install VNC on your computer and make it accessible from the internet and wait and see if something "fun" happens to it. (This is a joke, please don't do this.))
And they are accessible by anyone (knowledgeable) ?

And we say Hacker are hacking when we keep our doors open !

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
And they are accessible by anyone (knowledgeable) ?
Yes, if you set it up that way. And many are so clueless that they do just that. This is a bad thing. And the site I linked to in #1 show lots of VNC servers doing this bad thing, "for research and for entertainment".