What Happened To The Google API Console? [Solved]

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
Did I miss the memo? Was it in one of those million emails from Google that I deleted? The API console has all changed and there is no longer access to previously created API keys..... although those old keys still appear to work.

I don't think I have created any new API keys in the last month or so but the console has completely changed. Although it recognises me as a registered developer I have no access to previous projects but instead I am invited to sign up for a free trial. The pricing regime after the trial has changed a little but not so much as to start incurring charges for the little I use it. I have not created a new key yet but a lot of information seems to be demanded around oAuth, support email address and potential access to user's Google account info.

It used to be so easy.......

Added.... I believe there is a tutorial in the forums somewhere about how to create keys. That might need updating!

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
My Bad..... Unnoticed by me Google Chrome had logged me out of my Google account at the last update. The console was treating me as an unknown user.