What Is Currently The Best AI B4X Programmer?

cklester

Licensed User
I used ChatGPT-4o quite a bit today and probably saved at least an hour of programming.

Then I ran into the free limit. (It was awesome while it lasted.)

So, now I'm really interested in integrating an AI-helper into my IDE.

What is everybody's experiences so far with the variety of coding LLMs? There's Claude, Google, OpenAI, etc. Which one seems to be best? Is there a consensus? Are they all basically the same?

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I would ask the AI how current it's knowledge is. For example if you ask CoPilot it says it's data is based on data available up to 2021.

fernando1987

Licensed User
Gemini still has a long way to go but in my experience it has improved vastly since its launch. It is currently competent with the code it generates but in general no AI model is 100 percent fissible. Sometimes you have to correct some of the generated code but they are a help.

cklester

Licensed User
Gemini still has a long way to go but in my experience it has improved vastly since its launch. It is currently competent with the code it generates but in general no AI model is 100 percent fissible. Sometimes you have to correct some of the generated code but they are a help.

I'm trying to test a few of them specifically for B4X. ChatGPT-4o and Gemini have so far performed well enough that I'm willing to pay for them. Even if they give me inaccurate results, it's not like I'm putting it straight into production! 😁

cklester

Licensed User
All of them are dumbasses, they repeat mistakes all the time, even if you correct them.

Well, so far, I've had a great experience.

I'm not beyond hiring people for jobs. I've done it a lot in the past few years. But for quick coding needs, and especially when I can't find the answer on the forum with one search, an AI helper is awesome! YMMV. Crossing my fingers. 😁

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried both ChatGPT 4 and Perplexity.

The second one I recently asked for lists of names - of various things. It was duplicating names, so I pointed that out to it, wrote to it that I wanted unique names.
"Now I understand, you want unique names, not repeated ones. Here's the list:"
And again duplicate names, quite a few.

Me to ChatGPT:
"Those methods, AAA, BBB, CCC, do not exist in B4J's DDD class"

ChatGPT: "You are right, AAA, BBB, CCC methods do not exist in B4J's DDD class, sorry for my mistake. Here is the modified source:"

Guess what? Full of AAA, BBB, CCC methods again (and again, and again, and...)

Last edited: