Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1729330204981.jpeg

BlueVision

Licensed User
Longtime User
I own a book, "the magical eye". Long time ago I was very impressed by that strange "3D" effects.
It's hard to describe "how to fo it":
Do not focus on the picture with your eyes, no picture is recognisable in the chaos of dots and colours. Relax and look at the picture. It takes a little time, the right angle and light are important. Try to get into a ‘trance’ while looking at the picture. The image is created in the brain and then stands out from the chaotic background in 3D. One small disturbance and the image in your head is gone again. It is difficult to describe.

Nice one, Johan!

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I own a book, "the magical eye". Long time ago I was very impressed by that strange "3D" effects.
It's hard to describe "how to fo it":
Do not focus on the picture with your eyes, no picture is recognisable in the chaos of dots and colours. Relax and look at the picture. It takes a little time, the right angle and light are important. Try to get into a ‘trance’ while looking at the picture. The image is created in the brain and then stands out from the chaotic background in 3D. One small disturbance and the image in your head is gone again. It is difficult to describe.

Nice one, Johan!
I have to look at it as if I am trying to look through a rolled-up garden hose pipe to see it....😂

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I love these kind of pictures. I had too the "magic eye" book, and I think I'm good seeing them... but I havent's seen the atomium

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I love these kind of pictures. I had too the "magic eye" book, and I think I'm good seeing them... but I havent's seen the atomium
It is there....just takes a while to figure it out. But definitely inside the stereogram.

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. Make a folder and copy the attached to the folder you created
2. Unzip the attached folder in the folder that you created
3. Click on "run" - the Windows batch file.
4. Play around with it
5. Sure you will figure out how to use it.
6. I have added some additional depthMaps that can be selected when clicking on the ImageView (Depth Maps)

I can see the Guitar in the image below created by this "app" - as what it is posted in this thread.

enjoy!

1729426101370.png

1729426262146.png

1729426408610.png

From here:

Attachments

• OpenStereogram.zip
    486.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: